Monday, October 14, 2013

The Beginning

Welcome to Reflections!

I'm so excited that you've decided to visit my little corner of the world.
If you haven't read all about who I am already you can do so to the right, and if you're not sure what Reflections is all about hopefully you can get some questions answered on the Behind the Reflections page. If you have any questions that I didn't answer don't hesitate to leave me a comment.

Without boring you to tears or putting you to sleep I want to share a bit about how Reflections came to be. I have found in my limited number of years an unlimited desire to grow in closeness to the heart of God as well as in knowledge of His creations. As I asked God to bring me opportunities to grow, He didn't disappoint. The more I asked the more He taught me.

God has taught me through a number of avenues but it seems the most popular instructor of choice has been life experiences. Unfortunately as the lessons progressed in difficulty so did the life experiences. I found myself in the middle of my most trying "lesson" to date wondering what in the world I ever did to deserve this kind of heartache. In the tender way that only God can speak He reminded me that it was not the heartache I deserved but the deepness at which I would be able to love and receive love after the heartache had passed. It was perhaps this experience and the surrounding ones that brought me to a place of awe at the deep love and power of God. Standing in that place I began to catch glimpses of His heart. Little treasures of His character that I hadn't noticed before. They thrilled my heart! I found strength and joy in those treasures of God's heart. I began searching for them everywhere, in scripture, in nature, in people, in life. The crazy thing is, I found them! More and more I began training my eyes and my heart to catch these little glimpses and feel the pulls and whispers that I so cherished.

I realized that there is so much to who God is and how He loves that I hadn't even scratched the surface. I started writing about my encounters with God's heart, documenting on notebook pages, diaries, napkins, whatever I could get my hands on. I knew that these times with God were special and I always felt they were meant to be shared. Enter Reflections into the picture and here we are, with a unique and hopefully interesting perspective of the beautiful heart of God.

Now that you know all about me and probably more than you ever cared to know about my blog's back story, I want to know all about you! How did you find Reflections? Do you plan to come back? What are some things you would like to see discussed? Fill up my inbox people! I want to write about your interests as well as my experiences so keep your comments coming.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:13

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see you blogging! I know that the Lord has blessed you with a gift to write so wonderfully. I look forward to all the future posts, knowing that they are inspired by the Lord, and I know they will bless all who read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What can I say?? I'm so excited to be able to follow along with you on this incredible journey that your taking! I believe God is going to, and is, using you to do many great things to bring Him glory. I pray that He would use this blog as a tool for you to use to reach out and bless many people's lives as you have blessed mine! <3 I can't wait to see what you will post next! God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete